Applications have recently opened for a new programme of fellowships aimed at researchers who are working to combat marine plastics pollution, open exclusively to PhD students and post-PhD researchers at ACU member institutions.
The ACU Blue Charter Fellowships provide funding of up to £10,000 GBP for 2-3 month research visits hosted by any of the ACU’s other 500+ member institutions overseas, as well as industry hosts. Fellows’ research areas can include, but are not limited to:
– preventing plastics from getting into the sea
– developing alternatives to plastics
– researching the effects of plastics on aquatic life
– education around plastics use and consumer behaviour
– the potential for cleaning up the seas
The closing date for the Fellowships is 7th November 2018